BEWARE!!!! I recently had an Insurance Billing error for an eye exam at Visionworks at the 2156 E. Williamsfield Rd. San Tan Mall Gilbert Arizona and after contacting my Insurance company Avesis, they stated it was an easy mistake to fix and directed me how to simply resolve the issue with Visonworks. So, I head back to Visionworks, unknowingly entering into the worst customer service experience that I’ve ever been a part of with Visionworks General Manager, Courtney Brown, guiding me through this Visionworks nightmare.
Walking into Visionworks I was directed to the already unhappy General Manager, Courtney Brown, to begin my story, which ended up feeling more like an interrogation. As I started explaining the problem to the Visionworks General Manager, she was rolling her eyes, not listening, and just waiting for me to stop talking so she could jump on me about how I was mistaken and that I obviously misheard her Visionworks employee, making sure I knew I was wrong about Avesis ‘s “BACK OUT OF THE CLAIM” explanation because ”that’s not how it works.” She kept referring to it as “services rendered,” stating how Avesis and Visionworks will “never back out of services rendered.” After receiving a long lecture and being educated on the eyecare business ethics from this General Manager, Courtney Brown, in front of other customers and nearby employees, as if she was showing them how to set a customer straight. After her passive-aggressive comments about my integrity, I then pleaded with Courtney to contact Avesis, which she did with frustration as if I was wasting her time, but Courtney did get Avesis on the phone, and after a quick explanation to an Avesis customer service representative (with a undertone that the customer in front of her was a liar), it seemed Courtney now was agitated with the outcome of the call. I could hear her talking down to the representative and responses stating “It’s not that I’m refusing to do it, it’s just not how Visionworks does it,“ and “If I do this for the customer, we won’t get paid for 15 days and will need to make the customer wait.” After a long pause from Courtney, which I assume that the Avesis agent was explaining the process, Courtney just stated, “well I can’t do this at this location, all our claims go through the corporate office in Texas, so I’m going to have to call back,“ hanging up on the Avesis representative. I then suggested to Courtney that I would just pay the $39 in question and wait the time she needed if this would help the issue and open up the benefits, but Courtney just stated very rudely “That’s not going to work. I’ll need to contact Texas tomorrow and I’ll call you back,“ as if I just destroyed her next work day. Courtney then took my contact information and as I started walking out, she obviously changed her mind, stating I needed to ask one of the employees on the floor for her card because she gets really busy, so it would be best for me to call her instead.
I walked into Visionworks at the 2156 E. Williamsfield Rd. location, to get two pairs of glasses only to walking out empty handed, publicly embarrassed, Insurance stolen, spoken to like a child, and my integrity questioned, all in front of Visionworks customers and employees.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bad Customer Service
- Review category
- Eye and Ear Care
You May Also Like
- "Firstly, their hearing is exactly the same as other firms I talked to. they all sell the same thing. I am in Worcester, MA. The office here..."
- "Spectera vision plan is the worst eye plan. Spectera will not allow my eye doctor to make my eyeglasses. Spectera runs a sweatshop in Baltimore where they make the glasses..."
- "I purchased a pair of Oakley Chamfer 2 eyeglass frames for $107.35 and sent them to 39dollarglasses.com to have lenses fitted and installed. I placed the lens order for $54.90..."
- "We were excited to have another furniture store in the area that wasn't high pressure. They explained the difference in quality with their competitors by showing the insides of each...."
- "We purchased a 2007 Cadillac CTS on Sept. 21, 2009,as a second owner. January 17,2011 we took the vehicle to trade it in. We were told the vehicle has major..."
- "My mac's screen froze with a message saying call number for Apple support and I started dealing with this company which had web size www.geek-technician.com. They convinced me that..."
- "To all those who are in contact with the British ABC74 (fraud group) to rent or buy out of people: 1. All Leasing SBLCs , Can not be used as..."
- "Iherb.com very beautiful store. I love him.Products were true to descriptions and pictures. Shipping was quick, taking a total of 4 business days to receive without extra shipping costs (for..."
- "This Has Got To Be The Worst Ray Charles Station/West Adams 90016 Post Office Around! Regarding: USPS Tracking # 23151470000041624468 Around Saturday, November 26, 2016, I received another Pink Slip..."