My husband bought to pairs of glasses from Vision Works, in Amsterdam, NY. He was telling me that he never paid as much money as he was charged for his glasses.

He mentioned the offer and when he went to pay for the glasses the bill was $754, for 2 pairs of glasses.

We have insurance plus there was an offer of BOGO plastered everywhere.

I look at his bill and it just doesn't make sense.

I will be bringing it to Vision Works and asking them to tell me what is up with the bill. NUTS...and VERY FALSE ADVERTISING.

Product or Service Mentioned: Visionworks Eyeglasses.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Variety.

I didn't like: Final cost.

Comments

Wow. El Paso Texas your tough.

Maybe he was there for glasses and could not read cause of blurry eyesight. They need to present to you your options which they do not clearly communicate. I know because I have to use the Amsterdam N.Y. office because it is the only place my insurance will allow.

Personally I think you got a good deal and got out cheap. I just payed $500 per lense with insurance. $1000 glasses plus frames plus eye exam. But wait, there’s more!

Because I wear contacts they charge me for half of the exam. But I don’t want contacts. Too bad because they know I purchased contacts 3 years ago so it is automatically included in the exam for ever more and there is nothing you can do about it. So let me clarify.

My insurance covers a free exam but because I purchased contacts in the past they only charge the insurance for half the exam cost and force me to pay the other half of the exam cost for my glasses. Sounds like fraud to me. To top it all off I can’t read road signs now with my new glasses.

Good luck complaining cause it gets you nowhere with this company but I will give it a try. Again

Everybody on the planet would likely guess you can’t combine something insurance pays for and a get one free promotion .... really?

Isn’t that just plain common sense?? Makes sense to me...

Insurance nowadays covers zero anything in full if you’re paying for it! Get real

Utica, New York, United States #993401

Next time try Towpath vision in Little Falls. Their prices are reasonable and Dr. Pascuci (sp?) is great.

El Paso, Texas, United States #948111

If u were to read the signs or simply ask bogo does not apply to insurance benefits but u do get 50% off a second pair with ur insurance which is CHEAPER than the bogo so no they didn't false advertise u were just too ignorant to read