Insurance Plans Acceptance

The other day I went to buy new glasses, did the exam, got the script and started looking at frames. They are advertising BOGO free complete pair of glasses at the moment and I needed 3 pairs so I went for 4.

I bought 4 pairs of $69 frames. After that they tried to charge me for four sets of lenses $200 and over $150 a pair for a coating, plus $120 to make 2 pairs sunglasses. The total was well over $1200. Apparently the only thing that I was getting free was the second pair of FRAMES which was not what they were advertising.

I was still paying for all 4 pairs of lenses plus coatings etc. I even pointed out the sign outside on the window that said COMPLETE PAIR and the sales person just shrugged. I took my script got up and left. FYI, I've bought my glasses there for like the last 15 years.

Never have I had them charge me for the second set of frames and lenses or $150 a pair for anti-glare coating or $60 a pair to make them sunglasses. I don't know what they think they are doing but to me it looks like they're ripping off their customers and not honoring their advertised sales. They lost me. I took my script and went online to purchase my glasses for the first time.

I used a lab that my BFF uses and likes.

I got FIVE pairs for $130 shipped complete with anti-reflective and anti-scratch coatings and two pairs are sunglasses. I will never shop locally for glasses again....

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of glasses. Visionworks needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned glasses in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Visionworks.

Comments

I wish I would have seen this BEFORE my HORRIBLE experience this past Saturday!!!!NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Utica, New York, United States #993392

Sorry but you didn't shop locally. You shopped at a huge multi-million dollar national chain store.

Next time consider shopping local at a mom and pop optometrist or optical shop. Most likely customer service will be much better.

Keep your money and tax dollars local. Thanks.