Insurance Plans Acceptance

The other day I went to buy new glasses, did the exam, got the script and started looking at frames. They are advertising BOGO free complete pair of glasses at the moment and I needed 3 pairs so I went for 4.

I bought 4 pairs of $69 frames. After that they tried to charge me for four sets of lenses $200 and over $150 a pair for a coating, plus $120 to make 2 pairs sunglasses. The total was well over $1200. Apparently the only thing that I was getting free was the second pair of FRAMES which was not what they were advertising.

I was still paying for all 4 pairs of lenses plus coatings etc. I even pointed out the sign outside on the window that said COMPLETE PAIR and the sales person just shrugged. I took my script got up and left. FYI, I've bought my glasses there for like the last 15 years.

Never have I had them charge me for the second set of frames and lenses or $150 a pair for anti-glare coating or $60 a pair to make them sunglasses. I don't know what they think they are doing but to me it looks like they're ripping off their customers and not honoring their advertised sales. They lost me. I took my script and went online to purchase my glasses for the first time.

I used a lab that my BFF uses and likes.

I got FIVE pairs for $130 shipped complete with anti-reflective and anti-scratch coatings and two pairs are sunglasses. I will never shop locally for glasses again....

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 30, 2015.

Comments

I too have been taken by them. I recently bought some safety prescription glasses for $500.00, A new guy comes into work with the same glasses that he got from Walmart.

He tells me it cost him $249.00 out the door. He got bifocals and transition lenses, I only got transitions. So I go to Walmart and get new safety glasses and a regular pair of glasses with transition lenses.

Cost me under $400.00.. They also have the worst customer service I have ever encountered,,For 2 months I've been trying to get my money back..

I wish I would have seen this BEFORE my HORRIBLE experience this past Saturday!!!!NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Utica, New York, United States #993392

Sorry but you didn't shop locally. You shopped at a huge multi-million dollar national chain store.

Next time consider shopping local at a mom and pop optometrist or optical shop. Most likely customer service will be much better.

Keep your money and tax dollars local. Thanks.